Industrial Piping, Inc. (IPI) is an industrial design build mechanical contractor based in Pineville, NC (minutes from Charlotte, NC). We currently operate fabrication facilities in Richburg, SC (just 30 miles south of Charlotte, NC) and in Harrisburg, NC (just 30 miles north of Charlotte, NC). We have been in operation for over 63 years and have become a leader in the Southeast US for industrial process mechanical engineering and construction services to public and private clients.
Our goal is to continue to build a world class company while challenging our employees with exciting and rewarding careers. IPI's reputation and success is built on integrity, quality and extensive teamwork. We are continually searching for talented individuals willing to carry on our company goal and culture.
IPI will accept applications in person, via fax or on-line. Please select any of the options below to submit your application or resume.
INDUSTRIAL PIPING, INC. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
SPRINKLER SYSTEM INSPECTORS (IPI Fire Protection)
- NICET Level II or higher certification in Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems
- Hold or be able to obtain North Carolina license for Limited Fire Sprinkler Inspection Technician
SPRINKLER SYSTEM DESIGNERS/PROJECT MANAGERS (IPI Fire Protection)
- Prepare NFPA 13 sprinkler system shop drawings
- Material stock listing
- Field survey work
- Coordination of work with other trades
- Attend project meetings
- Negotiate change orders
- Minimum five years experience
- Knowledge of NFPA standards
- Computer literate with knowledge of AutoCad, HydraCad, MS Project, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Motivated, self-starter with multi-tasking capabilities
PIPE WELDERS (Field or Shop)
Qualifications: Proficient in X-Ray, Stick, Tig, Mig, and Flux Core (Test Required)
JOURNEYMAN PIPE FITTERS (Field or Shop)
Qualifications: Minimum six (6) years experience (Test Required)
TANK/VESSEL FABRICATORS (Field or Shop)
Qualifications: Minimum six (6) years experience (Verifiable)
STRUCTURAL FABRICATORS (Field or Shop)
Qualifications: Minimum four (4) years experience (Verifiable)
PROJECT MANAGERS: (based in Charlotte, NC)
- Attendance at Pre-bid Meetings.
- Create and Compile Estimates.
- Prepare Proposals.
- Interface with Client Regarding Estimate.
- Prepare budgets and schedules.
- Responsible for meeting project financial and schedule goals.
- Review and understand contracts.
- Requisition materials, equipment and tools
- Management of field supervision and craft
- Schedule and interface with Subcontractors
- Ensure safety of all trades
- Interface with clients (domestic and foreign)
- Take a project from conception to completion on time and within budget while maintaining and complying with IPI's zero-tolerance Safety Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical, plus a minimum of four (4) years prior management experience. (Entry level requires a B.S. degree)
- Must possess interpersonal, oral and written skills with the ability to interface with all levels.
- Strong leadership skills, self-reliant, team player, very organized, multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Southeast US.
- Prior Multi Trade/Multi Discipline Management a plus.
- Strong Communication Skills, proven management skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of B31.1, B31.3, OSHA Standards.
- Experienced in process piping and equipment installation for heavy industrial projects.